OFFICIAL RULES: ZIP CODE ≠ DESTINY CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ENTRY: Contestants will enter by taking the Hope for Students pledge or downloading a Hope for Students e-book using their full name, email address and zip code. Contestants will take the Hope for Student pledge on this landing page or one of the approved landing pages of official contest partners. Official contest partners are listed here along with all other approved landing pages for contest entries. Where entry is available via electronic mail, web or texting, participation is limited to Participants who had access to electronic mail, the internet, and/or text messaging (as applicable) prior to the beginning of the Contest.
2. ENTRY PERIOD: From 12:01 AM (PST) June 3, 2016 to 11:59 PM (PST) July 31, 2016.
3. OVERVIEW: This Contest involves winning one (1) ticket to a private Artist Appearance on September 10, 2016. The time and location of this Artist Appearance will be selected no later than August 13, 2016 by The Expectations Project based on the following criteria: 1) Proximity to zip code that generates the most Contest entries (75%); 2) Proximity to partner organization that can help host, promote and offer on-the-ground logistics for Artist Appearance (25%). Winners will be selected by The Expectations Project based on their proximity to the Artist Appearance according to rules set forth below under Section 4 “WINNER SELECTION”.
4. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, who are at least 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of The Expectations Project (along with its contractors, affiliates and subsidiaries) and their families are not eligible. Contest is subject to and governed by applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation in this Contest is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
5. WINNER SELECTION: Winners of this Contest will be selected by The Expectations Project based on their proximity to the selected location of the Artist Appearance. All eligible contestants within 50 mile radius of the private Artist Appearance will automatically become Contest Winners, and be awarded one (1) ticket to the Artist Appearance.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning the Contest and/or prize will depend upon the number of Contest Participants.
7. PRIZES: Winners will receive one (1) ticket to the Artist Appearance. This ticket is non-transferrable and has no cash value. All prizes are awarded “as is” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). All federal, state, provincial and local taxes associated with the receipt or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified within fourteen (14) days after the determination date, based on the location of the private Artist Appearance. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
9. IDENTITY OF CONTESTANTS: If a dispute arises about the identity of the contestant, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry will be considered the Contestant. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The potential Winners may be required to provide The Expectations Project with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with a winning entry.
10. PREREQUISITES TO PRIZE AWARD; WINNER ELIGIBILITY, CONSENT & GENERAL RELEASE: Prior to being awarded a prize, winners will be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility, Consent and General Release form within fourteen (14) days of notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
11. PUBLICITY; USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant The Expectations Project exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, videotape, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that The Expectations Project may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
12. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Expectations Project, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
13. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Expectations Project is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including artist illness or conflict, inability to secure a venue, budget constraints, or technical failures of any sort (infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering,unauthorized intervention), The Expectations Project may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest.
14. GENERAL RELEASE: As a condition of entry into the Contest, participants hereby irrevocably release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless, The Expectations Project, and their respective affiliates, licensees, officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents, from and against any and all liability, claims or cause of action, including but not limited to injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property, arising out of or in connection with this Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use a prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses, and damages related to personal injuries, death, and damage to or destruction of property, whether intentional or unintentional), including, without limitation, those that may be sustained in connection with making a pledge or downloading the respective electronic book “e-book” or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Contest, a breach of any of the terms and representations made herein, the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded, or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of and/or awarding of the prize, whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), or warranty, or any other theory. Acceptance of the prizes constitutes permission for The Expectations Project to use each Winner’s name and location, prize information, and likeness in connection with this Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. The grant of the foregoing permission is perpetual and may not be revoked by the Winner.
15. MISCELLANEOUS: Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. The Expectations Project will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected entries and accepts no responsibility for any injury, loss, or damage of any kind resulting from participation in this Contest. The Expectations Project reserves the right to amend these Official Rules or to terminate this Contest. By entering, each contestant certifies he or she has complied with these Official Rules and is eligible to win.
16. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: This Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of District of Columbia, without reference to its conflict of laws principles. By entering the Contest, Participants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts of District of Columbia and waive the right to have disputes arising out of the subject matter hereof adjudicated in any other forum. In no event, will any Participant be entitled to injunctive relief or equitable relief of any kind, or restrain the continuation of any Contest.
17. WINNERS LIST: The names of the winners may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Hope for Students Contest, The Expectations Project c/o WeWork Wonderbread 641 S Street NW Washington, DC 20001.